Let’s look at how you can distinguish a genuine bag from Gucci:
As an introduction I would like to note — if you are a collector of vintage bags, or just a long thought and missed a vending model and now have the opportunity to buy it, but not in the official store (in General, everyone has their own story) — the first find on the Internet pictures of this model (preferably from the official site, to make sure to you the original bag in the picture) and compare with the candidate on purchase. Check the number of lines, the approximate height of the handles, drawing and so on. At this stage you can weed out the most authentic handbags.
If bags look almost the same — keep digging.
1. Now consider the bag storage bag (dust cover). The style of boot repeatedly modified.
Variations: black-and-brown bag with repeated GG logo, brown with lace and gold Gucci lettering, dark brown bag with gold lettering Gucci. The font should be flat, the interval between the letters are equal, the letters are not too close. The best option, not to be mistaken — to visit the official website and see what should be the inscription.
|Vintage black-brown trench coat with brand logo|
|Brown trench coat with a gold inscription of the brand|
|The latest to date version of the duste|
2. New Gucci handbags are accompanied by a «Controllato» card, which means that the handbag was checked after she was done. The Gucci inscription printed above, below it in the center, the words «Controllato» under it — lots of numbers 1234567890.
|Controllato card and information booklet|
3. Also, the new Gucci handbags are accompanied by an information booklet. Check the font, spacing, and logo, and should be checked for spelling errors. Presented on the above picture.
4. New Gucci handbags are accompanied by maps of Firenze. Check the font, spacing, and logo spelling errors.
5. New Gucci bags have label inside bag — Gucci — brand name and registered trademark R in a circle and often «Made in Italy». Check the font, spacing, and logo spelling errors. Vintage Gucci bags have variations in this format.
|Made in Italy|
6. Serial number: found on the back inner side of the label(mentioned above). For many years Chanel used a different sequence, one of the most common — two sets of numbers, one above the other. Vintage bags can vary.
|The serial number of the bag|
7. Фурнитура: выполнена из прочного металла. На фурнитуре присутствует гравировка бренда.
|Accessories: everywhere there is an engraving of the brand|
8. Stitching: check the stitching on the bag very carefully. They should be smooth, neat, clean, should not be protruding threads.
9. Fabric shopping bags with logo GG: one letter G looking forward, the other G is inverted in the opposite direction. Carefully check the consistency, spacing, font letters.
10. In new Gucci bags is teg-code inside. The tag itself has features of QR code type. Vintage bags do not have the code.
11. You must examine the bag in the connection area of the pieces of material. The joints should be uniform and smooth.